Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Spring Flings

On the Front Range, were blessed with many upslopes which gave us a peak snowpack in late April/early May. Almost every line I skiied was probably a first...

Looking down the very steep "Baffin Couloir" near the Sharkstooth, RMNP 4/09

Baffin Couloir on Right


Taylor Peak. I turned around midway up at the major rock band in the upper middle of photo. It felt like an M4 move, and I was solo, and it was getting late, and it was freakin steeep! I made turns down to the ice cliff thing, then downclimbed to where I could ski again.

Peak Q, NE Couloir. Gore 5/09
Peak R, N Couloir. Gore 5/09

Jonny jumping down the "Desktop Couloir", Indian Peaks West. 5/09
Rapping off a bollard
Spire mid way down the Desktop
Jonny after the rap on McHenry's NW Passage. 5/09

Shelf Cirque awe
N Face Longs Peak, a tight passage. This photo tells the tale of gnar. 4/09

1 comment:

evan said...

Hey Matt I found your blog from Jason Maurer's. He told me about your "desktop" descent in the spring, glad to finally see the photos! Did you get that name from Chris Miller? He was a little jealous last spring. Jason and I are heading to Winter park valley tonight, I'm speculating that it's going to be a touchy snowpack for a long time....again.